RVIA to Host NHTSA Seminar
RVIA, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Forest River and Thor Industries have teamed up to present a seminar that will focus on recalls as well as NHTSA rules and regulations. All interested parties are invited to attend, particularly suppliers and manufactures with compliance responsibilities and those wishing to learn more about the NHTSA recall process. A series of case studies will be presented and attendees will be taken through the recall process from start to finish. A panel of industry compliance veterans, legal staff, and Bruce York of NHTSA have been selected to lead the seminar and will cover a broad range of topics including:
- Who is NHTSA and why you should care
- A review of rules and regulations
- Determining if you need a recall and what steps to take
- Taking the appropriate course of action based on safety related defects vs product defects that are not safety related
- Monitoring warranty data to determine trends
- Actions required on the manufacturer side when chassis defects are reported
The seminar, sponsored by Forest River Inc. and Thor Industries, will take place on May 2 at 9:00 am at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, IN. Lunch will be provided to attendees.
Go back to the press release list...