About Go RVing
Formed in 1994, Go RVing is a partnership between America’s RV manufacturers, suppliers and dealers to provide the public and media with information about the benefits of RV travel and to cultivate a positive RV experience for all consumers. The multifaceted initiative includes advertising; social media outreach featuring RV owners telling their own stories; “experiential” events and sponsorship at concerts, music and food festivals, and state fairs; and media relations. The current “AWAY” campaign has helped push RV sales and interest to record highs.
AWAY is a place that’s not on any map, but you know it when you find it. It’s your place – wherever you want to discover, escape, play, and make memories with the people you love. And an RV can take you there for less than you might think. It’s the only way to pick up and go, without any reservations, without any hassles, and with all the comforts of home. So bring the kids. Bring the dog. Bring your fishing poles, your mountain bikes, a kayak. Find your AWAY – wherever it may be.
Visit GoRVing.com to find RV dealer locations, rental tips, campgrounds, recipes, activities, stories from other RVers, and lots more. Go RVing has everything needed to help people find their AWAY.
Follow Go RVing
Over the past two decades, Go RVing has helped fuel the growth in the popularity of the RV lifestyle. Why are more people choosing to use RVs for vacation travel?
- Flexibility and convenience — RVs offer a convenient, hassle-free way to see America. RV travelers enjoy the freedom and flexibility to go where they want, when they want — without the worry and stress of inflexible schedules, advance reservations, airport waits and luggage restrictions.
- Comfort — With fully-equipped kitchens and baths, rooms that slide out at the touch of a button, central air and heat, flat-screen TVs, surround-sound stereos and more, today’s RVs provide travelers with all the amenities of home while on the road or at the campground.
- Family appeal — RVing is a uniquely enjoyable way to travel as a family. Families that frequently vacation by RV say it creates an increased sense of togetherness and helps improve family communication. RV owners say that strengthening family relationships is an important part of their vacation travel.
- Affordability — RV vacations are more affordable than travel by personal car, commercial airline or cruise ship, according to vacation cost-comparison studies by PKF Consulting. Even factoring in RV ownership costs, and considering resulting tax benefits, a family of four can save up to 62% when traveling by RV.
- Lure of the outdoors — RVers can enjoy the mountains, beaches, parks, popular tourist attractions and small towns whenever they want, without giving up the comforts of home. With sport utility RVs, RV travelers can easily bring their ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles or other outdoor vehicles.
- Versatility — In addition to travel, camping and outdoor recreation, RVs are used year-round for a variety of other purposes, like shopping, tailgating at sporting events, pursuing special interests like horse, dog and antique shows and other hobbies.