Outdoor Recreation Industry Roundtable
RVIA, along with leaders of thirteen other outdoor industry associations, made an unprecedented move to join forces to create the Outdoor Recreation Industry Roundtable (ORIR) and strategically work together for the benefit of American outdoor recreation as a whole. The Outdoor Recreation Industry Roundtable is a coalition representing thousands of U.S. outdoor recreation businesses that produce equipment, gear, vehicles and apparel for the 142 million Americans who enjoy our nation’s parks, waterways, and byways. Spanning recreation vehicles (RVs), off-road vehicles, boating, fishing, hunting, camping, archery, shooting sports, powersports, outdoor equipment, and apparel, the ORIR is dedicated to growing diverse outdoor participation, expanding recreational access for Americans, promoting conservation, improving infrastructure, and bolstering sustainable domestic jobs. Combined, the outdoor recreation industry generates $646 billion-per-year in economic activity and provides an estimated 6.1 million direct jobs.
In addition to RVIA, the Roundtable includes the following associations: American Horse Council, American Recreation Coalition, American Sportfishing Association, Archery Trade Association, BoatU.S., International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association, Motorcycle Industry Council, Outdoor Industry Association, National Marine Manufacturers Association, National Park Hospitality Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association, Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association, and Specialty Vehicle Institute of America.
The Outdoor Recreation Industry Roundtable strives to achieve the following:
- Identify and promote recreation business champions to be appointed/nominated to the Trump Administration.
- Remove barriers from establishing public-private partnerships as entrepreneurial mechanisms for addressing deferred maintenance, including modernizing campgrounds on federal lands to better fit the needs of current and next-generation campers/RVers.
- Work with Congress to include a recreation title in the forthcoming “Infrastructure Bill” and other legislation to address various recreation infrastructure issues.
- Promote tax reform to support and grow the outdoor recreation industry.
- Identify onerous regulations and remove policy barriers that are negatively affecting outdoor recreation businesses and consumers.
- Fast track the implementation of the Outdoor Recreation Jobs and Economic Impact (REC) Act to ensure the primary drivers of the outdoor recreation economy across the U.S. are recognized.
- Prioritize federal agency budgets on recreation-related infrastructure improvement, because outdoor recreation is the largest driver of economic activity on federal lands.
- Develop and deploy a digital information strategy for outdoor recreation on federal lands, including increased Wi-Fi coverage and easy-to-use apps to book campground/RV sites.
- Change the mindset of federal agencies so recreational access and high-quality visitor experiences are prioritized.
For more information on the ORIR, please contact Chris Bornemann at email@example.com.
19 Related Files
|ORIR - Putting Great Back into the Outdoors||0.47 MB||Published March 9, 2017||view|
|ORIR - Who We Are||0.78 MB||Published March 9, 2017||view|
|ORIR Senate Briefing Invitation||0.27 MB||Published March 2, 2017||view|
|ORIR House Briefing Invitation||0.27 MB||Published March 2, 2017||view|
|Zinke Confirmation Letter -- McConnell||0.16 MB||Published February 13, 2017||view|
|Zinke Confirmation Letter -- Schumer||0.16 MB||Published February 13, 2017||view|
|RVIA Letter to ENR Chairman Supporting Sec-nominee Zinke||0.25 MB||Published January 13, 2017||view|
|ORIR Letter to ENR Chairman Supporting Sec-nominee Zinke||0.14 MB||Published January 13, 2017||view|
|ORIR Supports Rep. Zinke to Serve as Secretary of the Interior||0.35 MB||Published December 19, 2016||view|
|Vice President-Elect Mike Pence Transition Letter||0.52 MB||Published December 9, 2016||view|
|Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Letter||0.36 MB||Published December 9, 2016||view|
|Speaker Paul Ryan Letter||0.36 MB||Published December 9, 2016||view|
|ORIR Press Release||0.16 MB||Published December 14, 2016||view|
|Preface-The Importance of Outdoor Recreation||0.05 MB||Published December 8, 2016||view|
|Recreation Infrastructure Investments||0.05 MB||Published December 8, 2016||view|
|Government Data||0.03 MB||Published December 8, 2016||view|
|US Government Promotion of Outdoor Recreation||0.03 MB||Published December 8, 2016||view|
|Access to Public Lands||0.03 MB||Published December 8, 2016||view|
|Elevating the Outdoors||0.04 MB||Published December 8, 2016||view|
Please note that your browser must allow popup windows from RVIA.org in order to display files.