The information below should help answer a number of the questions you have about the site and provide ideas to help you find what you are looking for. If you are unable to find the information you need, please contact our technical support or call the member services coordinator at 703.620.6003, ext. 314.
Web BrowsersRVIA.ORG is best viewed with current versions of Internet Explorer (6.X), Netscape (7.X and 8.X), and Firefox. If you are using earlier versions of these web browsers, you may download a newer version here:
Download recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Much of rvia.org is accessible to all visitors and will not require a security log in. However, some content on the site is restricted to RVIA "members only". If you are not a member of RVIA, please visit our Join RVIA section for additional membership information.
To view restricted content, log in by entering your username (which is the e-mail address RVIA has recorded for you) and your password in the brown box on the right side of the Home Page. Alternatively, you can click on the Login/Logout link on the top right side of the site navigation area. Each individual member has been assigned their own unique login credentials, including a randomly chosen initial password. If we have an email address on file for your member account, you should have received a notification of these credentials.
If you have forgotten your password you can reset it through the site by following these steps:
- On the home page, click on the "Forgot Password?" link
- Enter your email address on the resulting form (please note this will only work if RVIA has your email address on file) and press the Lookup button.
- Watch your inbox for the email that our site sends to you. It will contain a link back to the site with an encrypted version of your current password. Click on this link.
- The site shows you the home page with a form you must fill out with the full name and zip code we have on file for you, plus your new preferred password.
- Once you have submitted this form, you can then log in with your username and new password.
The above process assumes that your current e-mail address is the same as recorded with RVIA. If your e-mail address has changed, you will need to call our member services coordinator at 703.620.6003, ext. 314 to make this change in our records. Once you have an authenticated login, you will have access to make changes in the information RVIA has for you through the tab at the top right of the Home Page marked, "My RVIA".
If you are sharing a computer or accessing the website from a public computer you should always log out after you complete your session. Simply click "Log Out" in the same brown box where you logged in or on the top line of the Home Page.
Finding What You're Looking For
The site is organized into seven major topic areas:
- About RVIA – information to help you know us better
- RV Facts and News – the latest on RVIA and the RV Industry
- Market Data & Trends – brings you current and historical facts and figures
- Events – information about meetings and trade shows
- Legislation & Advocacy – highlights the latest Government Affairs activities
- Technical Info & Training – provides Industry Standards and Education links
- Directories – connects you with RVIA members and industry partners
Search FunctionThere is a lot of information on this site but it shouldn’t overwhelm you. If you can not find what you want right away try using the Search Function found at the top right of the Home Page. Simply enter a “keyword” and the site will show you search results displayed in order of likely relevance.
You can return to the Home Page at any time by clicking on the RVIA logo at the top left of each page. You can also return to the last page viewed by clicking on your browsers "Back" button.
We Welcome Your Comments
If you see something you like, or you have trouble finding something you need, or you'd just like to make a general comment about the site, then please visit our feedback section and leave us your comments. It will help us make the site better the next time you visit.