The Inspector I position provides RV manufacturer members with on-site inspections to ensure that RVs manufactured in their facilities comply with the adopted standards and program requirements as established by the RV Industry Association’s Board of Directors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting unannounced on-site inspections at RV manufacturing facilities.
- Conduct and meet with potential manufacturing member applicants and provide initial inspection(s) while educating them on all the mandated compliance responsibilities.
- Work to maintain a positive relationship between members and the Association by taking on the role as an educator.
- Provide technical input for NFPA 1192, ANSI LV, NEC, ANSI A119.5 code change proposals or respective Handbook update proposals.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Chief Inspector (e.g.: technical research, photography, technical writing, etc.).
This position involves travel throughout the United States and Canada. A valid Driver’s License is required. A passport would need to be acquired.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school diploma with preferably an associate or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Certified Technician is a plus
- Preferred job-related experiences include mechanical skills in the areas of RVs and/or automotive production or repair, hands-on experience of trouble shooting appliances or other systems such as electrical/plumbing or propane
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have the ability to work and travel independently
If interested in this position, please submit your resume to Senior Director of Human Resources Alice Wang at email@example.com summarizing your skills and experience in relation to the required skills and experience for this position. The RV Industry Association is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.