Last year, the RV Industry Association’s Lawyers Committee collaborated with DeMars & Associates, Ltd. in developing a voluntary and confidential mediation process. RV manufacturers that choose to participate can make the program available at no cost to eligible consumers who have purchased new RVs from them. The Dispute Resolution Program for Recreation Vehicles (DRP-RV) is administered by DeMars, a leading national alternative dispute resolution firm, and available for eligible RV consumers throughout the U.S. and parts of Canada, where available.
In the past year, at least four different member manufacturers representing over 20 different brands have signed up to participate in this program, taking advantage of the benefits the DRP-RV offers both manufacturers and their respective consumers.
The benefits of DRP-RV include:
- Faster results (i.e., 40-day timeline)
- Encourages dispute resolution without attorneys
- An experienced, neutral third-party administrator in DeMars
- Provides RV consumers an opportunity to have his or her voice heard in front of someone with authority to help resolve issues
- A network of experienced mediators across the U.S. and Canada that can hold a mediation conference at a location convenient to the consumer
For those RV manufacturers that choose to participate, DRP-RV will give their RV consumers the opportunity to resolve their disputes in a more cost-effective, efficient manner in a less adversarial setting. The goals of this program are to help RV consumers get back on the road RVing faster, reduce costly and time-consuming litigation and benefit consumer goodwill.
To learn more about DRP-RV, please visit Demars’ website at here.