Last month, the RV Technical Institute launched its first online Level One class, allowing RV technicians from across the country to be trained and receive the only industry-wide certification while following appropriate social distancing guidelines.
Reviews of the class are in with many students providing positive feedback on their overall experience and shared they would recommend to program to others. Contributing to this high level of satisfaction is the impact participants see the certification having on their careers.
Here’s what they had to say:
- “I now will have the knowledge to inspect when buying and selling units. At the end of the day, it will significantly benefit our bottom line every year.”
- “Since I am a mobile tech, I will be able to advertise that I am in a Certified Level 1 Tech and am in the process of becoming a higher-level certified tech.”
- “Getting paid more and have something underneath my belt to prove it. You need certs to get somewhere in life.”
- “Allows me to better speak with providers and service managers using proper terminology.”
- “It’s a steppingstone to Level 2 then maybe one day, a Master Technician.”
- “I may now be interested in seeking part-time work at an RV dealership assisting with PDIs.”
- “This first-level technician course really helped me understand more about my RV. With the skills I've learned, and device test equipment acquired, I should be able to reduce my long-term RV maintenance costs by doing the inspections, adjustments and basic repairs myself.”
- As a full-time RVer, this will hopefully help me perform most of the diagnostics myself thus saving money.”
The positive response of the online course drove the decision for the RV Technical Institute to schedule a second online session which will take place on May 18, 2020. Time is running out to register and spots are filling fast!