With the creation of the RV Technical Institute, the new RVTI certification has replaced the previous RVDA/RV Industry Association Technician Certification Program.
All current registered, certified, or master certified RV technicians have been transitioned to the RV Technical Institute without testing:
- Registered technicians have been re-designated as a Level 1 Certified Technician
- Certified Technicians have been re-designated as a Level 2 Certified Technician
- Master Certified technicians have been re-designated as a Level 4 Master Certified Technician
Any technician due for re-certification between January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 have been extended to March 31, 2021.
RV technicians with current certifications will need to validate their information and verify their eligibility to transfer credentials by following these 4 simple steps:
- Visit the Updating Certification page on the RV Technical Institute website
- Register for the Transfer Course (provide required information)
- In the Assignment Submission click on "Type Submission" and enter your RVDA/RVIA Cert ID # (e.g. 11111) OR click on "Attach Submission" and "Choose File" to attach a copy of your certificate
- Click on Submit Assignment
Once eligibility has been verified by matching registration information to the RVDA/RVIA list, a new certificate will be issued.
For questions on transferring certifications, please contact us at [email protected].