Last year, the RV Industry Association collaborated with DeMars & Associates, Ltd. to develop an entirely voluntary and confidential mediation process, available at no cost to eligible consumers with warranty disputes who have purchased new RVs from participating manufacturers. The Dispute Resolution Program for Recreation Vehicles (DRP-RV) is administered by DeMars, a leading national alternative dispute resolution firm.
The DRP-RV program affords eligible RV consumers throughout the U.S. and parts of Canada, the opportunity to resolve their disputes in a more efficient manner, and in a less adversarial setting. The main goals? Help RV owners get back on the road RVing, while reducing time-consuming and costly litigation.
In the past year, at least four different member manufacturers, representing over 20 different brands, have signed up to participate in this program, taking advantage of the following benefits the DRP-RV offers both manufacturers and their respective consumers:
- Entirely voluntary mediation with an experienced, neutral third-party administrator.
- Faster results. 40-day timeline from start to finish.
- Encourages dispute resolution without attorneys.
- Provides a network of experienced mediators across the U.S. and Canada that can hold discussions at a convenient location.
- Provides RV consumers an opportunity to have his or her voice heard in front of someone with authority to help resolve their issues.
Manufacturers interested in joining or that have questions about participating in the program, requirements, fees, etc., should contact Program Coordinator, Mary Alice Rogers at 262-549-6700 ext. 1280 or email@example.com.