Tariffs continue to be a major issue affecting U.S. businesses, workers and consumers—including those in the RV industry. This week, the RV Industry Association joined the Americans for Free Trade coalition and we encourage our member companies who are concerned about the impact of tariffs to join the coalition as well.
Americans for Free Trade is a growing, bipartisan coalition representing U.S. manufacturers, farmers and agribusinesses, retailers, technology companies, service suppliers, natural gas and oil companies, importers, exporters and other supply chain stakeholders, who are united in their concern about the negative impacts of the new tariffs.
To show the diversity and breadth of opposition to tariffs, the coalition needs the support and voice from all industries negatively affected by tariffs, like those in the RV industry. The coalition will show how the average American family and community is bearing the brunt of these tariffs, and that can only be done if companies from every industry and sector band together to share their stories.
The coalition will highlight opposition to current and new tariffs by:
- Holding events in states across the country that bring together farmers, business owners and factory workers to discuss how tariffs are directly hurting them;
- Featuring op-eds, blogs and statements from Americans bearing the brunt of tariffs;
- Launching a digital media campaign explaining the economic harm of tariffs to a wide online audience;
- Conducting direct outreach to key members of Congress on behalf of grassroots voices from across the nation;
- Operating a rapid response “war room” that will fact check and respond to tariff announcements; and
- Running paid TV, radio and online advertisements highlighting how tariffs are affecting families, farmers, factory workers and businesses of all sizes.
Just last week, the coalition held a roundtable with Senator Richard Lugar as part of the coalition’s grassroots effort called “Tariffs Hurt the Heartland.”
Members of the coalition agree that there are issues that need to be addressed with key trading partners, but also believe tariffs are the wrong approach to bring about meaningful change. The coalition is a way to use the voices of American businesses, workers and consumers to make our position clear to elected officials and stakeholders.